Saturday, October 18, 2008

Greek Shrimp with Orzo



I found this recipe on weightwatchers.com and it looked tasty so I thought I'd give a try. It makes a ton so be prepared to have leftovers. Nick and I didn't really make a dent in it. We paired it with a side salad and some sauteed zucchini and squash. And of course, a glass of wine.


Ingredients
12oz uncooked orzo
2tsp olive oil
1/2 c onion, chopped
1 med green pepper, chopped
2 med garlic cloves, minced - I buy the minced garlic in the jar and used a TBSP or so, but we love garlic
28oz can diced tomatoes
1 tsp dried oregano - I used more than this to add more flavor
1lb shrimp, med sized, peeled and deveined - I used the frozen shrimp and just pulled the tails off
1/4 c basil, fresh, chopped
2 TBSP crumbled feta cheese - or more if you love cheese


Instructions

1. Cook orzo in salted water according to package directions
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in saucepan on medium heat Add onion, pepper and garlic - cook until soft, stirring occasionally, approx 3 min. Add tomatoes and oregano - bring to a simmer. Add shrimp - cook until shrimp are warmed through, approx 5 min
3. Spoon cooked orzo into shrimp mixture - stir to combine
4. Remove from heat and stir in basil
5. Spoon into individual bowls and top with feta

No comments: