Monday, March 30, 2009

Layered Strawberry Cheesecake Bowl


We had both sets of parents over for dinner last night and I made 3 different recipes from the new Food & Family magazine. This is the dessert I made and I got tons of compliments. It is super easy and tastes incredibly light and fresh.

Ingredients
3 c. fresh strawberries - sliced
3 TBSP sugar
2 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese - softened
1.5 c. cold milk
1 pkg (3.4oz) vanilla instant pudding
2 c. thawed cool whip
2 c. frozen pound cake cubes - I could only find chocolate chip pound cake and I think it tasted better that way
1 square semi-sweet baking chocolate



Instructions
1. Combine berries and sugar. Refrigerate until ready to use. Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk.

2. Add pudding mix and mix well.

3. Blend in 1.5 c. of cool whip. Spoon half into serving bowl.

4. Top with cake, berries and remaining cream cheese mix. Refrigerate 4 hours.

5. Melt chocolate, drizzle over dessert. Top with remaining cool whip. (I just realized as I type this that I totally forgot that part)

No comments: