Friday, May 6, 2011

Letters to Madelyn

Miss. Madelyn,
I have read a few other blogs in which mamas write little letters to their children, sharing with them thoughts, feelings and milestones.  Although I document your monthly endeavors I want to have something that is just for you.  Written about you, for you.
I wish I had started this before you were born but there's nothing I can do about that now.
I can't believe in 10 short days you will be 6 months old.  6 months!  You have completely changed my life in every way.  Everyday I am overwhelmed with how much I continue to fall more and more in love with you.  I am proud of your accomplishments and will always be your biggest cheerleader.
When you were born, you looked just like your daddy.  I searched your face for glimpses of me but found none.  However, as time goes on I start to see glimmers of myself in your perfectly round little face - and that makes me over the moon happy!
I can't wait to show you everything this big world has to offer.  I can't wait to see what you have to offer this world! 
Love,
Mom

No comments: