Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ada's 3rd Month

Love that drooly smile!

We are really hitting a groove little bug! We made some major progress with car rides this month. Turns out you love The Dixie Chicks and you really love when I sing The Dixie Chicks at the top of my lungs. It also really helps when I lay my rice bag across your lap. I think you like the weight of something on your legs. We have attached 5.2 million toys to your carseat as well which keeps you from getting bored. Combine all these tactics and we can generally make it from Ann Arbor to Brighton without any issues.

You've turned into a full on thumb sucker. It is adorable at three months but I would be lying if I didn't say I am terrified of breaking this habit later. The nice part is that I don't have to get up and put the pacifier back in your mouth 485 times a day. I also feel like we are close to you sleeping in your crib at night. You haven't slept in your Rock n Play in at least a month. Plus, you've napped in your crib a handful of times and those tend to be your best naps. I'm a little sad because it means I have to get up and feed you rather than just feed you from bed, but that's okay.
See - it IS adorable!

I have a funny story I just have to share with you. The other night, you and I were in bed and Daddy was sleeping on the couch. You were having a hard time settling down so I decided to bring you out into the livingroom and bounce you for awhile. We walked into the livingroom and I turned on the lamp. You started babbling and Daddy jumped up from a dead sleep, grabbed your carseat and started bouncing it on the yoga ball. I started laughing and asked Daddy what he was doing and he told me that he was bouncing you. I told him that you weren't in your carseat and he told me that I was going to have to put you in there anyway. I reminded him that he needed to stop bouncing it first.
Mama and her ladies!

You started rolling over this month but we still haven't caught it on camera. You can roll back to belly but not belly to back. You also started sitting in your bumbo and are a much happier girl. I bought you a new toy called the Kickin' Coaster. You love being able to make your seat move rather than being stuck in a bouncer that we have to bounce for you. I discovered this when you decided to try and flip yourself out of Grandma's bouncer. Oh Ada bug, you are on the move kiddo! Most people don't believe me when I tell them you are only 3 months old because you act more like a 4-5 month old!
Kickin' in her Coaster

Love you to the moon and back Rator Gator!

No comments: