Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Master Bedroom Transformation

When we moved into the house we decided to use a lot of my decor items from the apartment and the master bedroom was no exception. We knew we'd be registering for a new comforter set and I just didn't feel like being creative with the room in the midst of wedding planning. Now that the wedding is over, we are slowly redoing the rooms in our house. Master bedroom was the first we tackled.

If you need a reminder of the before: http://myyummyfoods.blogspot.com/2009/04/master-bedroom.html

Here's the after:

We changed out the candles hanging above the bed but kept the sconces. We changed the bedspread and added valences. Some of the decorations are the same and others have been changed.

I switched out the lamp base but kept the shade. We also changed the knobs on the closet to match the knobs on the furniture. Nick still has to build himself a closet on the right but in the meantime I covered the space with a curtain and a tension rod. It works for now.

I love live plants but generally am terrible at keeping them alive and the cats try to eat them. I bought these from IKEA and figure if one of the above 2 things happen, I'm not out that much money. So far, so good. I also am having a heck of a time finding the lamp I want. I want a tall lamp that I can put a lampshade on....IMPOSSIBLE. All lamps built for a shade are not THAT tall, and all the tall lamps are built for the sconce things. I found this one for 8 bucks at IKEA and figured it works for now. I hate the cord hanging down the whole dang thing. I also am looking for a compact chair to put in front of the lamp since that corner is a little empty now.

Also I am getting a painting done of my bouquet and it is in the same colors as our bedroom. I am planning on putting that in there as well.

1 comment:

nlk731 said...

love the curtain, i think we have the same ones in blue/brown in our bedroom