Sunday, November 22, 2009
I was excited to put together a themed lunch but still have quite a few healthy options. Plus Ben loved the novelty of the carrots and apples so he ate them all, quickly. This is a MAJOR deal in our house.
1. Quarter and core an apple. Cut a wedge from the SKIN SIDE of each quarter.
2. Press the slivered almonds in place for teeth. This is tricker than it seems. I only ended up with 2-3 apples at the end.
1. Fill a serving bowl with the veggie dip.
2. Wash and peel the carrots. Cut them to the appropriate size based on which finger they represent. Cut a flat, shallow notch in the tip of each carrot. Use a dab of the dip like glue and attach a sliced almond fingernail atop each notch.
3. Stick the fingers in the dip and serve with other carrots on the side.
1. Spread half of the crackers with peanut butter. Cover with the second cracker for the spider's body.
2. Insert 8 pretzel sticks into the peanut butter layer of each sandwich for the legs.
3. Spread more peanut butter on top and decorate with sprinkles.
black olives - sliced
string cheese sticks
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Toast the english muffins and then spread pizza sauce on them.
3. Set olives in place for the yes.
4. Lay strips of string cheese across the muffin for the mummy's wrappings.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the muffin is toasty.