Thursday, April 26, 2012

Nursery Reveal!

There are still a few more details to finish up but #2's nursery is mostly ready to go! We kept it pretty simple and I love it!!


This is just a general look at the room - the glider will go to the left side of the crib in the corner. I am still looking for a yellow pillow to go with the glider.
I spent hours on Etsy looking for "You Are My Sunshine" word art and couldn't find anything resonably priced that I loved. Or I would find parts of the song but not the whole thing. I ended up convincing Nick to create the artwork and I love love love how it turned out. At the end of the day it cost $4.00 to print the 4 pages and I scored each frame on clearance at Michael's for $3.99. Not bad considering the average Etsy price was $20-$30 for 2 prints, without frames!
My mom made all the bedding! We spent forever trying to find fabric and she ended up having to order it online. I found organic cotton gray sheets at Target and bought a queen size set that my mom is going to convert into crib sheets and possibly a changing pad cover. The crib is from Target and is the Graco Somerset. I ended up getting $70.00 off the price of the crib because the first one arrived broken and the second one also had some damage (that Nick was able to fix). The rug is from JcPenney and we were able to purchase it with gift cards we've accumulated over the years.
The dresser is from Target. Everything else is Babies R Us. Pretty basic set up here.
If you remember, this used to be a built in desk. Nick tore out the desk and built in some shelving. I found the containers on clearance at Target for $5 each. I was planning on DIYing some bins since they are some pricey but I wouldn't have been able to do it for 5 bucks so I bought these instead. The side is dry erase and I can label what is in each bin. Hi Madelyn!

My mom made the window treatment - love! The rods are going to be fabric book pockets once my mom gets the project done. I wanted to keep the books low in here so that Madelyn has something to do when I am taking care of the baby. I liked the look of the pockets over shelves and am hoping it will stay a little neater that way.

We are ready for you little one - come out whenever you're ready!!

No comments: