Monday, April 30, 2012

Last Minute Thoughts

The last week or so has brought on some crazy emotions regarding the mega change about to happen in our lives. I think it has finally hit me that this baby will be here soon. Very soon. As in, any minute soon. While it opens a whole new chapter in our lives it also means we are closing the Madelyn's chapter as my only baby. I am over the moon excited to meet this new baby and having Madelyn makes it that much more exciting. I have already seen how much you just fall for these little ones and how much they bring to your life and I can't wait to do that again.

On the other hand, I am sad that I won't be able to devote all of my time and attention to Miss. M anymore. I have been reading up on bringing new babies home and at some point Madelyn is going to feel unhappy (for lack of a better word) about the situation. Having siblings is awesome. I love being able to call my brother or sister up and chat. It is someone that knows exactly what you mean when you need to vent about your parents. (Sorry Mom and Dad) And growing up, it's basically a partner in crime! But I know the adjustment period is going to be tough on my little girl and that makes me sad.

Nick and I have been soaking up every possible moment with Miss. M and I get a little weepy thinking this could have been our last weekend, just the 3 of us. I have spent more time reading books, stacking blocks and dancing around the livingroom. Nick spent 3 hours just laying on the couch Saturday afternoon while Madelyn snoozed on his chest. We've been walking to get ice cream, bringing her into bed with us first thing in the morning, and chasing the dog outside.

At the end of the day, I know she will be fine and will be a fantastic big sister. She has recently gotten obessed with her dolls and brings them to me to wrap them in blankets and then she takes them for "walks" around the house in her doll stroller. I've caught her rocking them giving kisses the same way I do with her which is the cutest stinking thing ever. She even pulled out the baby's cloth diapers so I could put one on her baby. My latest mission is to find a baby cradle because I see her mimicking me when it comes to this baby. I guess we will see in a few weeks!

No comments: