Thursday, May 10, 2012

40 weeks!

It's official - I only have postdate babies. Nick says they get their punctuality from my side and I have to agree with him.

I had a midwife appointment yesterday and baby is in the perfect position. Head is engaged, back on the left side and butt sitting right at the front of my belly. Go #2!! I am hoping this means an easier labor this time around - I guess we'll see.

Nick was hoping he wasn't going to have to work this week and has had us walking every night when he gets home from work. I've been taking Evening Primrose Oil and drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea. I've noticed after drinking the tea, I have some crampiness but it doesn't turn into anything. My midwife said I can use the breast pump during the crampiness and see if we can get anything started but I don't plan on doing that. At the end of the day, I believe babies show up when they are good and ready and no amount of wives tales and tricks will get them here sooner.

If I make it to my appointment next week, I have to start NSTs and at 42 weeks I have to consult with the OB's. Let's hope it doesn't come to that!

Miss M. has caught on that something is about to happen. She likes to "bang" on my belly and say "be be" over and over. Her nights have gotten a little wacky lately and I'm not sure if it is because she senses the baby coming or because it is still light out when she goes to bed. She's been waking up a lot after sleeping a few hours and we've just been bringing her into bed with us. We both agree, there is no point in trying to start a new routine or to keep her in her bed at this point since her whole world is about to change and any routine we start is likely to be modified in a few weeks anyway. The one thing we have tried is keeping her up later and not putting her to bed until closer to dark. It seems to have helped so that's good.

Ziggy has also been extra clingy today. He hasn't left my side since I woke up - hopefully he knows something we don't know!

Again, I do have a picture for this week but it's on my phone and I will update later!

1 comment:

amw said...

good luck in the final days! hope you have a wonderful delivery and healthy babe! looking forward to the "reveal". lol.