Thursday, October 30, 2008

Beef Stew



Nick and I were both working late tonight so I decided to go with a crock pot meal. This cooked for about 9 hours and I could smell it cooking as I walked up to the door! I served it over pasta but it would be fine by itself.


Ingredients
1 lb lean beef round - cut into 1 inch cubes
cooking spray
1 onion - chopped
2 c mushrooms - sliced
2 garlic cloves - minced
2 carrots - sliced
15oz can pinto beans - drained and rinsed
1 1/2 c canned beef broth
15oz can crushed tomatoes
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp thyme
salt and pepper

Instructions
1. Place beef in crock pot
2. Coat skillet with cooking spray. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic - saute over med/high heat for 5 minutes. Add to crock pot. Add carrots to crock pot. Put half of the beans into crock pot.
3. Put remaining beans in blender. Add 1/2 cup of the broth and puree. Add mixture to crock pot. Add remaining broth, tomatoes and spices.
4. Cook on high setting for 6-7 hours.

No comments: