Monday, October 31, 2011

Sunday = Fall Day

The spirit of fall hit me full force today. I woke up deciding today was going to everything I love about this time of year. Here's what we did, in pictures:

Of course we still had to carve Madelyn a pumpkin. And of course we still hadn't bought a pumpkin but I needed to hit up the grocery store anyway so we headed off to Meijer for dinner supplies and a pumpkin. Then I gave Nick explicit instructions on what to carve:

And he did an awesome job! Don't mind the fact that you are going to see pictures of Madelyn in this outfit for 2 days. We had to put her in it for the photo with her pumpkin and then of course, she had to wear it on Halloween.

Then her dad decided to do her hair and convince me that she needed to be Cousin Itt for Halloween. Sad thing is, she could totally pull it off. I just can't bring myself to cut her hair yet but I think the big day is getting closer.

While they were playing beauty parlor in the other room, I made these pumpkin seeds. They are addictive - consider yourself warned!





After all the pumpkin carving glory, we took this maniac for a walk in the woods. He goes absolutely nuts chasing after squirrels and running like a wild man. Madelyn is working on clacking her tongue which we have decided is her squirrel call. She is trying to help Ziggy hunt.

Then it was time for dinner. I made Chicken Noodle Soup.  It was amazing!

And blueberry pie! Yum!


Then it was time for bed for Miss. Madelyn. Read her a Halloween book and tucked her in, just in time for Nick and I to catch the newest episode of The Walking Dead.

No comments: