Sunday, November 9, 2008

Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms



I'm beginning to notice a lot of the food I post looks the same. It seems to have the red, white and green theme going. I promise they all taste very different. This had a really good flavor because of the dressing. I am always amazed at how much spinach shrinks down when you cook it. I would definitely serve it with a carb since the mushroom is stuffed with only veggies. Nick and I had it as a side on a leftover day.


Ingredients
4 large portobello mushrooms
1/4 c. italian dressing - divided
1/4 c. red pepper - chopped
2 cloves garlic - minced
20 oz. fresh spinach
1/4 c. parmesan cheese - I used the shredded, not the grated but either would work

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375. Cut off stems from mushrooms. Chop and set aside. Scrape out gills from mushroom caps and discard gills. Brush 1 TBSP of dressing onto rounded sides of caps. Place, rounded sides down, on foil lined baking sheet.
2. Heat remaining dressing on med high heat. Add mushroom stems, red pepper and garlic. Cook and stir for 2 min. Add spinach. Reduce heat to med low. Cover and simmer until spinach is wilted - about 4 min. Stir after 2 min though. Spoon evenly over mushroom caps and sprinkle with cheese.
3. Bake 18-20 min or until mushrooms are tender.

No comments: