Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy House Challenge Week 4

This week was a little meh for me on my daily tasks. Mostly because I didn't really keep track of whether or not I did everything everyday. I know I get 7/7 on emptying the sink, sorting the mail and clearing the clutter. Those items were all either habits before or have become habits. Now the rest of 'em, my best guess is that I'm sitting at around 5-6/7. I think the first thing on my daily todo list for this week is to keep track of my daily tasks.

The bathrooms however, are 100% done! Another 2 full garbage bags of junk out the door and one large bag of old sheets and towels that I donated to the Humane Society. I found the couponer in me competing with the crunchy mama and had to make some tough decisions on a lot of the health and beauty products I have accumulated. I started couponing before getting pregnant with Madelyn and was able to score huge amounts of body wash, razors, shampoo, lotion, etc for free or next to free. Then I had Madelyn and began researching all the gunk that is actually in these products. I don't want to turn this post into a rant about chemicals so I will spare you the details but let's just say most of my stockpile consisted of products I wouldn't use on Madelyn. I also felt bad just throwing it all out. I decided to get rid of all the baby care products since I wasn't going to use them. I kept most of the adult products and just plan on integrating more "green" products as we run out. Fortunately, my family knows they can head into that closet at any time and help themselves so hopefully we won't be holding these products too long. The products I decided to get rid of, I just ended up donating rather than throwing away which made me feel better about it as well.

Anyway - onto pictures....
The bathrooms didn't look that much different overall so I'm just going to share the linen closet.

BEFORE



AFTER




No comments: