Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Amazing Bars


These are chocolate-peanut butter mallow bars from Food and Family. I made them to bring out to my future in laws for a little gathering. My future mother-in-law is known for her desserts and I normally don't even attempt dessert when we are going out there but I couldn't resist with these. I got tons of compliments. They basically combine every yummy thing into one ooey gooey bar.

Ingredients
1 pkg devil's food cake mix
1/2 c. butter - melted
2/3 c. cold milk
3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
7 oz. marshmallow creme
1/2 c. salted peanuts
6 squares semi sweet chocolate - coarsely chopped

Instructions
1. Heat oven to 350. Mix dry cake mix, butter and 1/3 c. milk until blended. Press 2/3 onto bottom of 13x9 inch pan. Bake 12-14 min until center is almost set. Cool 3 min.
2. Mix peanut butter and remaining milk, spread onto crust. Top with spoonfuls of marshmallow creme and remaining cake mixture. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate. Press gently into cake mixture.
3. Bake 18 min or just until center is set. Cool before cutting into bars.

No comments: