Pork Lo Mein Ingredients
8 oz. lean pork tenderloin - cut into strips
3 TBSP low sodium soy sauce
1 TBSP minced garlic
2 TBSP fresh ginger - peeled and minced
8 oz. uncooked linguini
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 c. carrots - thinly sliced
1 tsp. canola oil
4 oz. buttom or shiitake mushroom caps - sliced
1/2 c. reduced sodium chicken broth
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
1/3 c. scallions - sliced
Pork Lo Mein Instructions
1. In a med. bowl, toss pork with 2 TBSP of soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Let stand 20 min.
2. Meanwhile, cook linguini in a large pot of lightly salted water. Add carrots to pot 5 min before linguini will be done. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over med/high heat. Add mushrooms and pork. Increase heat to high and stir fry until mushrooms release their liquid and become lightly browned and pork is cooked through. About 6 min.
4. Add drained linguini and carrots, broth, remaining soy sauce and sesame oil to skillet. Toss over low heat until combined. Remove from heat and stir in scallions. Serve immediately.
Egg R0ll Ingredients
1 head Chinese cabbage - outer leaves removed - shredded
2 med. carrots - peeled and shredded
2 garlic cloves - minced
2 scallions - white and green parts - chopped
1 TBSP fresh ginger - peeled and minced OR 1/2 tsp dried
1 TBSP low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp. cornstarch
8 average egg roll wrappers - about 1/2 oz. each
4 sprays olive oil cooking spray
Egg Roll Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Place cabbagee in a bowl and cover. Microwave on high until wilted, about 4 min. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add carrots, garlic, scallions, ginger, soy sauce, cornstarch and oil. Mix well.
3. Arrange egg roll wrappers oon a clean, dry surface. Spoon cabbage mixture diagonally onto each wrapper. Folder over one corner to cover filling. Fold up borth corners. Moisten edges of remaining flap with water and roll up wrapper jellyroll style until sealed. Transfer egg rolls to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
4. Bake until golden brown, about 25 min. Serve hot.
Serving size - pork - 1 1/4 c. - 7 points. Egg Rolls - 1 roll - 1 point