Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Shrimp Pomodoro Pasta


Another Food & Family magazine recipe. Nick actually made this one while I was at work and he did such a good job, I decided to include it in the blog. Super easy and pretty good. I like my food spicy so I added crushed red pepper flakes after making it. Also, the recipe calls for penne pasta but Nick used rotini. I don't think it really matters all that much in this dish.

Ingredients
1/2 c. balsamic vinaigrette dressing
1 onion - finely chopped
2 garlic cloves - minced
1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes - undrained
2 c. penne pasta
1 lb. cooked cleaned shrimp (I just buy the frozen bags at the grocery store and thaw them)
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese

Instructions
1. Heat large skillet on med/high heat. Add dressing, onions and garlic. Cook 2 min. Stir in tomatoes and cook 12ish minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile cook pasta.
2. Add shrimp to sauce - cook 2 min or until heated through.
3. Drain pasta, toss with shrimp mixture and sprinkle with cheese.

That's it! Super easy.
Serving size - 1.5 cups - 8 weight watchers points

No comments: